Are you hiding your smile behind closed lips? If so, your relationship in both work and at home, may suffer. Most people understand the importance of a brilliant smile and how your outward appearance can make or break your confidence with first impressions. Whether you’re in a longstanding partnership or merely trying to break into the dating world, having a sensational smile begins with good oral hygiene and care. Now if you happen to need teeth straightening, Invisalign is the answer. This patented orthodontic technology has the capacity to take your confidence from zero to sky high!
The Ins and Outs of Invisalign
As the name implies, Invisalign are invisible aligners for the teeth that can easily be removed before meals. Each tray is custom made and designed to correct crooked teeth due to overcrowding in the mouth. After an initial evaluation, a skilled orthodontist who specializes in Invisalign takes a 3D impression of your teeth and gums to determine how best to aid in the perfect fit, sends the results out, and the remainder of the process is a series of weeks to determine proper fitting, which is broken down further below:
- A consultation is first and foremost. After a thorough examination, the patient discusses treatment goals with their dentist or orthodontist.
- If candidacy is confirmed, the dentist assesses dental history, takes photos, bite impressions, and x-rays in order to plan out the treatment.
- Lastly, the dentist designs the custom aligners based on exam findings and orders the aligners from Invisalign prior to patients returning to begin treatment.
- The next visit is when the patient receives their first set of aligners. There may be some initial discomfort, yet it soon fades as the teeth and supporting tissue adjust.
- Patients typically must wear the aligners for 22 hours per day to secure reliable results. Every several weeks, the patient returns to their dentist’s office to have progress monitored and receive new aligners.
- Typically, the entire treatment of Invisalign is 15 months, but this can vary significantly depending on how much teeth correction is planned.
The final maintenance step for Invisalign involve the use of retainers. Once active treatment is complete, these clear plastic retainers fit over the teeth and are very similar to the Invisalign aligners. The purpose of the retainers is to secure the teeth in their new positions. The length of time patients should use their retainers varies from one case to the next, yet the retainers do not have to be worn nearly as often as the aligners do during the ‘active’ correction period.
The steps to Invisalign pave the way to a better-looking smile and significantly improved oral health for a patient’s lifetime. Not only does the patient enjoy the benefits of a dazzling smile, but their confidence soars! Dr. Grussmark can help with the entire process. Scheduling an Invisalign consultation at his Brickell location will ensure your desired outcome is met. His professional team is ready to take your smile to the next level. Contact their office today and see why he’s the best in south Florida.