Do You Qualify for Clear Aligner Therapy?
If you’ve been considering invisible orthodontic treatment to achieve that perfect smile, Invisalign® in Brickell, FL, with Dr. Stephen Grussmark, a Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider in Dade County, might be your ideal solution. Delve into the details of your candidacy for Invisalign treatment. Your journey to a confident, radiant smile begins with the right orthodontic treatment.
Invisalign Candidacy Assessment
Invisalign is a great way to straighten your smile and enhance your oral health, but not everyone is a suitable candidate. Here are some factors to consider:
- Age: Invisalign is suitable for teenagers and adults. Children may not be eligible due to the development stage of their teeth, but we do offer Invisalign Teen for young adults.
- Severity of Misalignment: Invisalign works best for mild to moderate alignment issues. Severe cases may require traditional braces.
- Commitment: Successful Invisalign treatment relies on wearing the aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours.
- Healthy Gums and Teeth: Good oral health is crucial. Any existing dental issues need to be addressed before starting Invisalign.
- Discipline: You must follow the treatment plan and change aligners as instructed.
Removing Braces and Beginning Invisalign Treatment
Transitioning from traditional braces to Invisalign treatment is a possibility for some individuals. Switching from braces to Invisalign can offer a more comfortable and discreet orthodontic experience. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Grussmark today to learn more.
What Orthodontic Issues Can Invisalign Aligners Correct?
Invisalign aligners are renowned for their versatility in addressing various orthodontic issues. Whether you have minor misalignment or more complex concerns, Invisalign can often be a suitable option. Here are some of the orthodontic problems that Invisalign can effectively correct:
- Gaps Between Teeth: Invisalign can gradually close small to moderate gaps between teeth, creating a harmonious smile.
- Overcrowding: If your teeth are overcrowded, making them appear crooked or misaligned, Invisalign can help align them properly.
- Underbites and Overbites: Invisalign can correct underbites (lower teeth protruding in front of upper teeth) and overbites (upper teeth extending too far over lower teeth) by gradually repositioning the teeth.
- Crossbites: When some upper teeth sit inside the lower teeth, it’s called a crossbite. Invisalign can adjust the bite to achieve proper alignment.
- Midline Shifts: When your upper and lower teeth don’t align correctly, it’s known as a midline shift. Invisalign can help center your smile.
Can I Get Invisalign With Existing Dental Restorations?
Having existing dental restorations like crowns, bridges, or dental veneers doesn’t necessarily disqualify you from getting Invisalign treatment. Invisalign aligners are compatible with various dental restorations. Here’s what you need to know:
- Dental Crowns: If you have crowns on your teeth, Invisalign can often work around them. The aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth, including any crowned teeth.
- Dental Bridges: Invisalign can also be ideal if you have dental bridges. The aligners are customized to your unique dental structure.
- Dental Veneers: In some cases, Invisalign can be used with veneers. However, this depends on the type of veneers and their condition. Dr. Grussmark will assess your situation during your consultation.
Inform Dr. Grussmark about existing dental restorations during your initial consultation. This information will help him create a treatment plan that accommodates your needs and ensures the best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is not a candidate for Invisalign?
While aligner therapy is a game-changer in orthodontics, it may not be for everyone. Invisalign may not be suitable for children due to the stage of their tooth development. Severe alignment issues may also require traditional braces. Consult with a qualified orthodontist to determine your candidacy.
Is it hard to get approved for Invisalign?
Getting approved for Invisalign depends on various factors, including the severity of your orthodontic issues, commitment to wearing the aligners as prescribed, and overall oral health. An evaluation by an orthodontic specialist can provide personalized insights into your eligibility.
What is the success rate for Invisalign?
Invisalign has a high success rate, especially for mild to moderate alignment problems. Individual results may vary based on factors like patient compliance and the complexity of the case. Your orthodontist can provide a more accurate assessment of your potential success with Invisalign.
How strict do you have to be with Invisalign?
Strict adherence to the treatment plan is crucial for Invisalign’s effectiveness. Aligners should be worn for at least 20 to 22 hours, as directed by your orthodontist. Skipping or extending wear time can impact the treatment’s outcome, so it’s essential to follow instructions diligently.
Discover if Invisalign is Right For You
Invisalign offers you the expertise and care you need for a transformative experience. Don’t hesitate to take the first step towards the smile of your dreams. Dr. Grussmark and his skilled team can assess your candidacy for Invisalign and help get your smile journey off on the right foot.
Call our Brickell, FL, office at 786-563-4973 to schedule a consultation. We welcome patients from Miami, Coral Gables, and Miami Beach.